Sunday, February 12, 2006

I Am Back...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Marima


I haven’t been blogging much lately. We made a trip to Turkey this summer, then didn’t have a maid for months when we got back, thus the duties of domestic life trumped blogging for the most part. Since that time, we have hired a wonderful new maid from Ethiopia, her name is Marima, and she's been a Godsend.

I’ve also been active elsewhere on the net. I try to keep religion and politics fairly toned down in this blog. As a resource about life in Qatar, I think it appeals to a wide variety of people who may have greatly disparate ideas about such things. I think that within the scope of a blog like this, excessive commentary about specific political or religious views detracts from it’s usefulness, so therefore I take it elsewhere. Two places I contribute to regularly are Daily Kos, and Street Prophets, for political and religious commentary, respectively.

The fortunate thing about a blog of this nature is that the information therein doesn’t change much, and what I wrote about a year ago still holds true today. In any case, I am back.

4 Comments:

Blogger sume said...

Welcome back!

2/13/2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger zoe said...

and about time too - but i know that you've been busy .... :)

2/14/2006 11:32 PM  
Blogger dervish said...

Thanks y'all!

Aww shucks! (blush)

2/15/2006 2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

greetings, my name is pat. i live in virginia,usa. my grandson named carey, 20 years old in in the us air force. he will be going to qatar august 9th. he says he has heard the base he will be stationed on is very nice. we are worried, can you tell us anything to help us feel better. the other side of the world is unknown to us. my deepest thanks to you. www.tullxp@wmconnect.com or pat tulloss p.o. box 471,ruther glen,virginia usa 22546

7/28/2007 2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please click on the archives for more! Blogroll Me!